Education is an important tool to combat child abuse. The Child Advocacy Center of Niagara will provide education on child abuse related topics for service clubs, schools, churches and community organizations of any size. The Child Advocacy Center Education and Outreach Coordinator will work with groups to tailor presentations to their specific needs. Sample topics include:
- Child abuse awareness and prevention
- Child abuse identification and reporting
- Child sexual abuse
- Trauma and trauma-informed care
- The impact of domestic violence on children
- Commercial sexual exploitation of children and child trafficking
- Healthy relationships
The Child Advocacy Center of Niagara also provides Stewards of Children, a sexual abuse prevention program designed for youth-serving organizations. Stewards of Children is an evidence-informed program of Darkness to Light. The 2.5 hour training teaches adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
To request a speaker or a Stewards of Children presentation contact our Education and Outreach Coordinator at (716) 285-0045.