A special note about COVID-19
Our primary goal is to keep you, your child and your loved ones safe. To that end, we have implemented policies consistent with the most current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NYS Department of Health (DOH) recommendations.
Child Advocacy Center staff is available to assist you during this difficult time. Staff can be reached at 285-0045.
For your protection, please follow the CDC’s guidelines for infection control basics:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Stay at home, especially if you are sick.
- If you are feeling sick, contact your medical provider. If you have concerns about COVID-19, please contact your medical provider, urgent care or emergency department prior to going to these facilities.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then discard into the trash.
Have you been referred to the CAC?
The Child Advocacy Center is a child-friendly place where your child can be interviewed, receive a medical evaluation, participate in counseling, and receive other support services. The Child Advocacy Center staff is trained to meet your needs and the needs of your child.
At the CAC, many agencies work together as a team. Police, social services workers, prosecutors, and victim advocates come to the CAC to assist you.
We know this is an upsetting and confusing time for you and your family. Our Case Coordinators are there to help. They will be reviewing several forms and procedures with you. Be sure to ask them any questions you may have. CAC staff will also review medical and counseling services with you.
Please be sure to keep your appointments for interviews, medical care, or counseling services. These services are important for your child. Let the CAC staff know if you have problems keeping an appointment or with transportation.
The CAC staff is here to help you and your child. Call the CAC at (716) 285-0045 with any questions or concerns.
Child Advocacy Center of Niagara brochures
The Child Advocacy Center of Niagara is committed to providing the highest quality of care for you and your child. If you have concerns about the care you or your child received at the CAC, please call us at (716) 285-0045.